Monday 28 January 2013

MAC Rebel and Currant: Review







MAC Rebel Lipstick and Currant Lip Pencil (£14 & £11.50) - MAC 

Recently, I popped into Selfridges to spend the last of my Christmas money and I knew that I wanted to try another MAC lipstick. I chose 3 to try on, Syrup (which just turned out to be the colour of my lips), Girl About Town (which now I want next) and Rebel which I came home with (obviouslyyyy) I'd seen a few reviews and I was rather iffy to be frank but I thought I'd give it a go but in my mind thinking 'oh it'll definitely be Girl About Town'. Oh how I was SO wrong, Rebel is the most gorgeous deep berry shade with MAC calling it a 'Midtonal Cream Plum'. I LOVE it, so much. The longevity is good, around 3 hours without eating or drinking but let's face it, all lipsticks are like that and it really does feel like satin on the lips, something I'm rather liking but I don't think it'll beat Cremesheen, but it's close! It doesn't accentuate the dry bits but I still wouldn't prep beforehand. Now onto Currant, the first of many MAC Lip Pencils. The lovely girl that helped me brought it over for me to have a gander at because they are usually bought together and I can see why. Currant and Rebel are the perfect love affair, bringing out the deepness in Rebel but still keeping the plum berryness (because that's an adjective!) and it'll go with a few of my darker shades as well. I'm thinking money well spent here! 

Have you ever tried Rebel? Got a MAC shade you really want right now?

   

22 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this up for so long but I think it's too dark, I bet it looks gorgeous on you!

    Jayde xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jayde, you so need this in your collection. Rebel isn't as dark on lips as it is in the bullet so on it's own it's a lovely shade, not too dark! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Rebel looks like a really pretty colour. I need to be a little bit more adventurous when it somes to lipsticks. I like the deep plum colour - bet it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go for this if you want to be a little more adventurous, it's such a lovely shade!

      Delete
  3. I love the colour of the lipstick!

    lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rebel, it such a gorgeous colour! One of my favourite lipsticks!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know right, definitely a gem in MAC's collection! xx

      Delete
  6. I love this combo too! I also love rebel with magenta lip pencil... It brightens up rebel and is gorge too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I hadn't thought of that! I think I know what my next purchase will be haha! xx

      Delete
  7. new follower, i love your blog
    tobebioacaseofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Dark lipstick is such a favourite of mine!

    Sarah
    http://www.theresplentyundertwenty.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Rebel lipstick looks so nice. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, the lipstick really does look amazing!

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it definitely needs to be in more people's collections, it's so pretty! x

      Delete
  11. I'm ashamed to say I don't own any mac lipsticks but this shade looks absolutely gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't get enough of MAC lipsticks which is rather an expensive habit, haha. You should get one, you won't look back! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I love reading each and everyone and always reply so check back! If you can't wait for me to answer in my reply, why don't you tweet me at @DaintyDesires, I'm usually attached to my Twitter! :)